WRITING & SPEAKING
Due to my experience as a research scientist, I am a hard-worker and very detailed oriented. In addition, it is important to me to help make concepts in science accessible to whomever might be curious.
• I am interested in writing in a variety of topics, in particular to how they might pertain to the brain, science, technology, or the arts for either an academic or lay audience, or both. I very much enjoy figuring out ways to make challenging topics understandable and interesting.
• As a writer and arts editor of a women-oriented student blog while I was an undergraduate, I have written articles and blogposts on current events, popular culture, social activism, arts, and personal experiences.
• I have experience in screenwriting, and creative fiction and non-fiction. I am currently developing and co-directing a virtual reality screenplay that I wrote.
• I am an experienced editor and copyreader of scientific grants, manuscripts and articles in neuroscience as well as other disciplines.
• I was Editor-in-Chief of a women-oriented student blog while I was an undergraduate, and have experience working with writers to produce quality content on a deadline.
• As a filmmaker, I have a great deal of experience in giving feedback on scripts and short stories, and on developing pitches, as well as the plot and dramaturgy of a story.
• Editing and proof-reading admissions essays for undergraduate or graduate school programs for content, structure, and flow, as well as providing feedback and advice for coursework.
I am not currently working as a freelance writer and editor, however, may make exception. Feel free to contact me about potential projects, to see more writing samples, or if you'd like to know more about my ongoing projects.